Each year, the North Carolina Bandmasters Eastern District provides its members’ students with the opportunity to perform as a soloist or ensemble, as a part of the Solo & Ensemble Music Performance Adjudication. Each student performance is adjudicated according to certain criteria and then given one of five ratings. This event allows students to gain additional performance practice, and receive positive and constructive feedback to help improve their musicianship in the future.
2019 Solo & Ensemble MPA
Saturday, May 11, 2019
New Bern High School
CHAIRPERSON: Chris Elbing
IMPORTANT: In order for students to participate in any district event, such as All-District Auditions, MPA, or Solo and Ensemble MPA, the director must be a paid member TWO WEEKS prior to the early registration deadline for that particular event.
Registration & Event Forms
- SOLO & ENSEMBLE MPA RULES
- DIRECTOR’S REGISTRATION FORM - ONLINE FORM (This form should ONLY be filled out when your student performances have been finalized. Any changes after submission, should be emailed to the chairperson, since you will not be able to access your registration. If not, the payment listed online will be expected to match the payment received.)
- EVENT REGISTRATION FORM
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 11, 2019
- Registration is not complete until both registration forms AND payment are received. THE EVENT REGISTRATION FORM SHOULD BE FILLED OUT ON THE COMPUTER AND EMAILED TO THE CHAIRPERSON. THE CHECK (MADE OUT TO NCBA EASTERN DISTRICT) MUST BE MAILED.
- Please mail Solo & Ensemble MPA materials to Chris Elbing, New Bern High School 4200 Academic Dr, New Bern, NC 28562
- JUDGE’S FORM (WIND SOLO)
- JUDGE’S FORM (WIND ENSEMBLE)
- JUDGE’S FORM (PERCUSSION SOLO)
- JUDGE'S FORM (PERCUSSION ENSEMBLE)
EVENT DAY PROCEDURES